The Magnolia Bakery It is one of the most emblematic patisseries in Manhattan and is famous for its cupcakes and cakes I learned of its existence by watching an episode of Sex in New York, in which Carrie and Miranda explain their sorrows while eating a cupcake at the door of the store that Magnolia Bakery has at 401 Bleecker Street, so when I traveled to New York, I didn't miss the visit.
The cupcakes They are muffins topped by a cream based on butter or fresh cheese. I am a superfan and, taking advantage of my KitchenAid for my birthday, I decided to release it with this recipe taken from The Complete Magnolia Cookbook:
RECIPE OF CUPCAKES VANILLA
Ingredients for making vanilla muffins (for two dozen)
• 1 1/2 (180 g) cups of biscuit flour
• 1 1/4 (150 g) cups of all-purpose flour
• 225 g unsalted butter at room temperature
• 2 cups (450 g) of sugar
• 4 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 cup (240 ml) of milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make vanilla muffins
1. First we preheat the oven to 170 degrees just below and prepare a cupcake tray with twelve paper capsules.
2. In a small bowl we combine the two flours and reserve it.
3. In another bowl, this time large or that of the KitchenAid, beat the butter until creamy.
4. Add the sugar gradually and continue beating for three minutes until the dough is spongy. We add the eggs, one by one, beating well after adding each one.
5. Add the mixture of the two flours in three times, alternating with the milk and beat a little until it is fully incorporated but be careful not to beat too much. With a spatula we just mixed the dough so that everything is well mixed.
6. With a spoon fill the paper capsules so that the dough reaches up to three quarters.
7. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until inserting a toothpick (I use a stick of those to make skewers) comes out clean.
8. Let the muffins cool on the tray for 15 minutes to remove them from the tray and let them cool on a rack before decorating them with the icing or frosting